II International Conference “Linguistic Rights of the Deaf” will be held in Moscow
II International Conference “Linguistic Rights of the Deaf” will be held in Moscow May 20-22, 2014. The conference is organized by the All-Russian Society of the Deaf (VOG) under the aegis of the World Federation of the Deaf and with the support of the RF Ministry of Labour and Social Development.
The conference will unite the following participants: Russian and international specialists and experts on sign language; representatives of RF President’s Administration; members and deputies of the State Duma; RF Ministries of Labour and Social Development, Education and Science, Foreign Affairs, Communication and Mass Media; Public Chamber; Social Insurance Fund; specialists of the UN Informational Centre and UNESCO Bureau; Board members of the World Federation of the Deaf, World Association of Sign Language Interpreters; leaders of national associations of the Deaf; TV and other mass media journalists; sign language interpreters and heads of VOG regional branches.
We invite all interested people to take part in this international event.
THE CONFERNCE WILL BE HELD: “Expocentre” Central Exhibition site
ADDRESS: 14 Krasnopresnenskaya Embankment Moscow 123100
MAIN TOPICS OF THE CONFERENCE:
- Sign language in Education and Career
- Linguistics of Signed Languages
- Issues of Sign Language Interpreting
WORKING LANGUAGES OF THE CONFERNCE:
Russian, English, Russian Sign Language and International Signs
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The abstracts will be published in the booklet of the Conference programme and after the conference full texts of the papers will be included in the book.
Conference fees for citizens of the Russian Federation are:
- students, post-graduate students: 1500 rubles (paid till February 28, 2014) or 2000 rubles (paid March 1 – May 20, 2014)
- other participants: 4000 rubles (paid till February 28, 2014) or 5000 rubles (paid March 1 – May 20, 2014)
- governmental authorities, VOG staff members, invited experts, informational partners, sponsors: free of charge.
Conference fees for citizens of other countries are:
- students, post-graduate students: 100 euros (paid till February 28, 2014) or 150 euros (paid March 1 – May 20, 2014)
- other participants: 200 euros (paid till February 28, 2014) or 250 euroes (paid March 1 – May 20, 2014)
- sponsors, invited experts, informational partners: free of charge.
The participation fee includes:
- access to plenary sessions, sections and working groups as well as other events announced in the programme;
- lunches, coffee-breaks and drinking water;
- full packet of conference materials including the programme booklet;
- ticket for 10 trips in Moscow metro;
- cultural and tour programme.
The participation fee does not include:
- accommodation in the hotel
The organisers will provide accommodation and visa support to the participants, if necessary.
If you are not able to attend the conference in person:
- you will receive all conference materials and your paper will be included in the conference book after the abstracts approved by the Organising Committee
- you will receive one copy of the conference book
- the cost for the participants from the Russian Federation is 1500 rubles; for foreign citizens – 50 euros.
Payment of the registration conference fees:
Payment is by bank transfer. Details will be sent by email after receiving of the application.
CONTACTS OF THE ORGANISING COMMITTEE:
Address: VOG, 10A Block 1, 1905 Year Street Moscow 123022
Secretary: Olga Fefelova
Landline: +7(499)264-01-76, fax: +7(499)264-00-21, mob/sms: +7(910)002-79-49,
Full information on abstracts, papers, accommodation, visa support, cultural and tour programme, etc. will be available on www. voginfo.ru